Re: [AMBER] Atom ordering after LEAP

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:45:22 -0400

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:29 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011, Gonzalo Jimenez wrote:
>
> > I guess the reason is that tLEAP renumbers the atoms based on
> > connectivities, but if I cannot circunvent this default option, I
> > basically cannot run TI, right?
>
> The replies given by Jason and Thomas are good ones, but I'm pretty sure
> tleap
> does not change the order of atoms given in the library file you import.
> Maybe if you give an example of exactly what you are seeing, we could say
> more.

No, but a "copy" command will actually change the orders of the pointer
arrays in tleap -- I'm not sure what effect this would have (if any).

However, if you compare 2 topologies created via:

l = sequence {NALA ALA ALA CALA}
k = copy l
saveamberparm l l.prm
saveamberparm k.prm

If you then diff the 2, you'll see a ton of differences. I'm not sure if
this will give the TI code a hard time or not (obviously it'd be ideal if
the bond/angle/dihedral calculations were order-independent in each group,
but I haven't looked at the code closely enough to be sure of that).

All the best,
Jason

> ...dac

Quantum Theory Project,