[AMBER] position restraints on heavy atoms or all?

From: Yun Shi <yunshi09.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:04:16 -0700

Hello all,

I am using ff99SB to model an antibody with carbohydrate ligands.

When I use something like [ restraintmask=':1-500' ], all atoms within this
500 residues will be restrained, right?

But I also heard someone only restraining the heavy atoms, or only
restraining the backbone atoms.

I wonder if this really matters for my system. As far as I know,
equilibration is aimed at getting the temperature and pressure right, mainly
for the solvent. And as long as we are going to do a 'real' MD production
run without restraints, it should not matter too much how we restrained the
antibody and ligands.

I am not if I am right about this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Yun