Re: [AMBER] quasi-harmonic analysis

From: Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:25:40 +0100

If computer memory is really the problem you could split your script
into three individual calculations but I would think that a PCA on 4500
atoms should fit in far less than 1 GB.

What strikes me in your script, however, is that you obviously
attempt to compute quasiharmonics from a mere 30 points. To get all
frequencies you would need at least 3N frames in your trajectory where
N is the number of atoms you choose for the quasiharmonic calculation.
Also, global motions converge very slowly (do a PCA to check) and
entropy computed in that way may be very unreliable (a 1500 residue
system would be quite a challenge). Also, the entropy is dominated by
low frequencies. Reducing the system size will only produce higher
frequencies.

Cheers,
Hannes.

--