Re: [AMBER] SASA calculation: removing water and ion problem.

From: David Case <dacase.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 12:59:58 -0400

On Oct 16, 2011, at 12:16 PM, "Ouaray Z." <zo1g10.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I am using Amber coordinates option when i load the mdcrd file .

Since you did not use the "nobox" option when makng the stripped trajectory file, you need to use the "Amber coordinates with periodic box" option in VMD.

> Otherwise i have 2000 frames in the trajectory. but when i download the ptraj result file "MD_PC_NoWat_test.mdcrd" i've got 398 frames while i am suppose to obtain only 10 frames using "trajin 2AHI_MD1.mdcrd 1 9999999999 100".

If you originally have 2000 frames, and ask ptraj to output every 100th frame, you should end up with 20 frames. But it is unclear what you are *really* doing when you "download the ptraj result file", or what is indicating that you have 398 frames. I don't think we can help much without knowing more precise information.

....dac