[AMBER] GB simulation on GPU freezes

From: E. Nihal Korkmaz <enihalkorkmaz.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:55:24 -0500

Dear all,

I keep having a problem that only for a particular protein the simulation
"freezes" and by freeze I mean, it looks like the job is running but no
changes are made on the output files even if you wait 2 days. I am using
igb=5 on GPU, it is a 114 amino acid long protein, I have the homologous
structure running (112 amino acid long) without a problem. But that specific
one stops without being dropped of the queue or any error messages at all. I
checked the output files, no '*' or 'NaN' are present. I also tried running
on different machines, same thing happens. I tried starting from a different
restart file, nothing changes. I always freezes although at different time
steps.

Has anyone have such a problem before? What can be the causes? I'd
appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks,

--
Elif Nihal Korkmaz