Re: [AMBER] 回复: oct or cubic box?

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 18:55:36 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

> both oct or cubic should be fine, especially for your simple system, as long as they are equilibriated later.
> solvatebox aba TIP3PBOX 12.0
>   Solute vdw bounding box:              77.859 58.790 54.861

I would suggest they are not equal. Yes, equilibration is important. If
you have a solute that is longer in a particular dimension, it will rotate
during MD unless you prevent this. Rotation occurs rapidly, usually on a
nanosecond time scale. This could bring images closer together. In your
particular case since the truncated octahedron required more waters to
solvate suggests a solute that is longer in one dimension. I would run
with the box that is closer to spherical, i.e. use solvateoct.

--tec3