Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA calculation

From: Sangita Kachhap <sangita.imtech.res.in>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 23:36:43 +0530 (IST)

Thanks Jason for reply
Actualy when I plot rmsd graph it is not deviating after 8ns it is almost stable
after 10ns so I have taken only 10ns.

I have used only 100 frame for nmode calculation.

shell I have decrease nminterval nminterval=20
i.e.
nmstartframe=1, nmendframe=20000,
nminterval=20

Now the total farme will be used for calculation is 2000.

Will it be ok?

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Sangita Kachhap <sangita.imtech.res.in>wrote:
>

>> Hello all
>>
>> I am doing MMPBSA analysis for protein-DNA complex. I have 4 trajectory of
>> 5ns
>> each and I have catenate them to 20ns trajectory.
>> I have done hydrogen bond analysis of complete 20ns trajectory but binding
>> free
>> energy calculation of only 10ns.
>>
>> Will it affect my result if I compare my 20ns hydrgen bond analysis with
>> 10ns
>> calculated bindg free enrgy?
>> Or should I use complete 20ns trajectory for binding free energy
>> calculation.
>>

> Why not do MMPBSA analysis on your whole trajectory, but only pick out every
> other snapshot? I think it's important to make sure that the conformations
> used to generate the H-bonding data are represented in the FE calculations
> (which isn't guaranteed if you use your approach mentioned above).

>> One more thing I have used nminterval=100, is it too lagre?
>>

> How many frames did you calculate normal modes for? That's the real
> metric. nminterval=100 is probably too large for 10 frames, but probably
> sufficient for something like 5000-10000 or something.
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>

>> since nmode calculation is time taking so I have used this large value of
>> nminterval.
>>

>> With regards
>>
>> Sangita Kachhap
>> JRF