Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.MPI: Entropy

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 15:35:48 +0200

Jason,

Thanks for the explanation. There's a second point that I'd like to clarify - if possible.

My 10ns trajectory is made up of 5 individual trajectories of 2ns and 200 frames each.

If I use an input file such as the one below

&general
   endframe=50, keep_files=2,
/
&nmode
   nmstartframe=5, nmendframe=45,
   nminterval=5, nmode_igb=1, nmode_istrng=0.1,
/

I get

Calculations performed using 250 frames.
|NMODE calculations performed using 9 frames.

Setting the endframe=200 and
nmstartframe=5, nmendframe=200,
nminterval=10

I get "Master thread is calculating normal modes for 5 frames".

It's a bit esoteric for me the way the program works out the number of frames. Any explanation would be most welcome.

Regards

George