[AMBER] Problem in compilng AmberTools1.5 on Mac OSX 10.7.1

From: Wei Huang <whuang3.lsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 16:02:55 -0500

Dear Amber Users,

I was trying to compile AmberTools 1.5 on a MacBook Pro with Mac OSX 10.7.1 and Xcode 4.1, which has gcc-4.2.1. However, I still got the error showing "Unable to compile mixed C/Fortran code". Then I followed the solution in the mailinglist--change cc=gcc in the configure file to gcc-4 and g++ to g++-4. After that, I got no problem with ./configure -macAccelerate gnu. And now gcc-4.6.1 is in use. This version of gcc is installed via fink.

However, when I proceeded to "make serial". I got the following error message:
/usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lSystemStubs
/usr/bin/libtool: file: -lSystemStubs is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
make[1]: *** [Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python] Error 1
make: *** [python] Error 2

I have been googling the error message for a while, but still haven't found a solution for this problem. Could you help me figure out what the problem is? Please let me know if you need any additional information from me. Thanks!

Cheers,
Wei