Re: [AMBER] Fwd: fixing rmsd values (follow-up)

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:14:33 -0400

to follow up on Tom's last sentence ("make it so all the molecules are
together in the prmtop"), here is a bit of info on how to do it:

Modify the pointers in your prmtop so that all the solute molecules are in 1
"molecule"

   - here is a sample prmtop for a dimer- the goal is to put both monomers
   into a single "molecule"

%FLAG SOLVENT_POINTERS
%FORMAT(3I8)
     830 10924 3

   -
      - this data is really in this format

FORMAT(12I6) IPTRES, NSPM, NSPSOL
IPTRES : final residue that is considered part of the solute,
          reset in sander and gibbs
NSPM : total number of molecules
NSPSOL : the first solvent "molecule"

   -
      - what you need to do is to
         - leave IPTRES alone (your solute is not changing)
         - change NSPM to match your "new" # molecules (if you make a dimer
         into a single molecule, subtract 1. if you make 3 molecules
into 1, subtract
         2).
         - change NSPSOL the same way- subtract 1 or 2 or more, depending on
         what you subtracted from NSPM
      - here is the "new" SOLVENT_POINTERS section that turns the 2 monomers
      in a single molecule:

%FLAG SOLVENT_POINTERS
%FORMAT(3I8)
     830 10923 2

   - now for the next section to change- atoms per molecule.

%FLAG ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE
%FORMAT(10I8)
    6015 6015 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
       3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

   -
      - what you want to do is combine the first two "molecules" (the
      monomers) into a single molecule.
      - change the "atoms per molecule" to combine the atoms from the two
      molecules
         - in this case, 6015+6015=12030
         - move the numbers up- in this case, change the second 6015 to a 3,
         and delete the last 3 at the end of this section.
      - here is the modified section (not showing the removal of the final 3
      from the end of this section- bu make sure you delete it).

%FLAG ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE
%FORMAT(10I8)
   12030 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
       3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

   - *SAVE THIS TO A NEW FILE NAME, MAKING IT CLEAR BY THE NAME THAT YOU
   MODIFIED THE MOLECULE POINTERS*