Re: [AMBER] ambertool question !!!

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:36:16 -0400

It sounds like you would be well served by the AMBER tutorials. Here a few
suggestions, although I suspect other users with more experience may offer
different ones:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial4b/

Regards,
Brian

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Алексей Раевский <rayevsky85.gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, I'm really new user of amber. I have to build a topology, using
> ambertools 1.5, for several new residues: aminoacyladenylate (residue
> connected through carbonyl O of aminoacid to PO3-5' of adenyne) and
> aminoacyl-trna (residue connected by carbonyl O of aminoacid with 3'OH
> group
> of ribose in adenyne nucletide). I have a few questions about:
> 1. I have to add all hydrogenes with any program, but what I have to do
> with
> amynocayl-trna? The PO3 end of adenyne must be connected to the next
> nucleotide, (one free valence of P) I have to leave this place empty or I
> have to add H there?
> 2. Have I minimize or optimize the structures before using ambertool with
> any chemprogs?
> 3. What about atom types? which program I can use for structure building
> (marvinsketch, hyperchem) to avoid any problems with antechamber?
> 4. What about net charge? how can I calculate it and assign it to
> aminoacyl-trna (end' adenyne with aminoacid)?
> 5. Thank you very much!!!
>

> --
> ****
> *
>
> Nemo me impune lacessit*

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Wright-Rieman Hall 101
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     610 Taylor Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu