Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py 3DRISM error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:29:38 -0400

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Jesper Soerensen <lists.jsx.dk> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>

> Sorry it has taken me a while to get the bugfix patched and the
> calculation tested. So to follow up I was able to patch it and it moves
> past this "bugged" point now. However, a new error surfaced:
>

> >Error: Could not combine output files from different threads. Check
> >output files for errors.

Can you run in serial on a couple frames and see if it works? I'll try to
see why it's not working... Can you look at _MMPBSA_complex_rism.out.0 and
see if there are any errors in it?

> >NOTE: All files have been retained for debugging purposes. Type
> >MMPBSA.py --clean to erase these files.
>

> Now I checked the size of the combined output files:
>
> >184K_MMPBSA_complex_rism.out
>
> >184K_MMPBSA_ligand_rism.out
>
> >184K_MMPBSA_receptor_rism.out
>
> >4.0K_MMPBSA_mutant_complex_rism.out
>
> >0_MMPBSA_mutant_ligand_rism.out
>
> >0_MMPBSA_mutant_receptor_rism.out
>

> And as you can see there is a problem, with some of them not having the
> expected size. I have checked and all the output files per node are
> present and all have the same file size. Where should I look for the
> error would you think?
>

> Another thing that I wonder about is why it calculated the mutant_ligand
> "structure", when the mutation was performed on the enzyme, thus the
> "wild type" ligand should be the same as the ligand one. Is that a bug?

No. It copies over the normal ligand files (trajectories, topologies, etc.)
and re-runs the calculations. This wasn't considered a huge deal since the
mutation was almost always in the receptor and the ligand was so cheap to
calculate.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida