Re: [AMBER] about Glycam_06g.dat and thiol-glycosidic linkage

From: Karl N. Kirschner <kkirsch.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:10:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Francois, Matthew, and the rest of the listserve,

  I have one small correction to point out. Much of Glycam06's energetic parametrization on neutral molecules was done using B3LYP/6-31++G(2d,2p) single-point calculations, performed on HF/6-31G(d) optimized geometries - not B3LYP/6-31++G**. This use of this theory and larger basis set comes from N.L. Allinger's study of carbohydrate energies (Lii et al J. Comput. Chem, 1999, 20, 1593), and is pointed out in the 2007 Glycam06 paper. The use of the basis set is important, since hybrid DFT results are very dependent upon the basis used.

Cheers,
Karl