Re: [AMBER] nmode analysis - different SCEE values in SANDMIN and NMODE output files ?

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 01:00:48 +0200

Jason thanks a lot again !

This is really incredible service ! No way to move from Amber :))

What is still not so clear is the easest way how to incorporate scee = 1.2
into
nmode calculation.

I succeeded with this method which doesn.t require changing C/F sources
/recompiling of Amber:

I just "hacked" file

mm_pbsa_createinput.pm

by adding line:

print OUT " scee= 1.2,\n";

to relevant block:

$name = "nmode" . $suf . ".in";
     open(OUT,">$name") || die(" $name not opened\n For details see:
$HTMLPATH#create_nmode_nmodein_not_opened\n");
     print OUT "File generated by mm_pbsa.pl\n";
     print OUT " &data\n";
     print OUT " ntx = 0,\n"; # Binary format is no longer supported
     print OUT " ntrun = 1, nvect = $nvect,\n";
     print OUT " drms = $nmdrms,\n";
     print OUT " dielc = 4.0, idiel = 0,\n";
     print OUT " idecomp= $idecomp,\n";
     print OUT " scee= 1.2,\n";
     print OUT " &end\n";
     print OUT "END\n";
     close(OUT);

however especially for those who have not so easy possibility to change
Amber files (i.g. users of supercomputer centers ... ) might be useful
some another way with no necessity to change Amber sources.

So is it possible:

a)
to run mm_pbsa.pl using "by hand" created sandmin*.in nmode*.in files
instead regular mm_pbsa.in file ?

With regular input file, the syntax to run MMPBSA calculation is:

mm_pbsa.pl mm_pbsa.in > mm_pbsa.out

So using sandmin*.in nmode*.in should be similar to:

mm_pbsa.pl sandmin*.in nmode*.in > mm_pbsa.out

but if using exactly this form it doesn.t work.

b)
Another possibility might be to start mm_pbsa by regular way but with the
condition:

"Please do not create sandmin*.in nmode*.in files but use that which are
already in actual directory"

If I am not wrong something like this is possible in mmpbsa.py just by
setting some parameter but
I am not aware of the same possibility in case of mm_pbsa.pl.

Thanks again !

     Best wishes,

         Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/