Re: [AMBER] again GLYCAM06 + 99SB + GAFF ?

From: Yun Shi <yunshi09.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:11:08 -0700

Hi Francois,

As you said in the other email, I have to do validation no matter what kind
of parameters I choose. So I think, at least, I need to validate with the
conformational behavior of the per-OH-thiomethyl-Rhamnoside and the
per-OH-O-methyl-Rhamnoside.

But it seems that I need to build a disaccharide version for each case, so
that I could look at average phi and psi dihedral angles, average distances
between atoms on adjacent sugar rings, etc. But for the thiomethyl rhamnose,
what I could find are some nOes between protons on different sugar rings of
the S-disaccharide. So how to calculate normalized nOes from AMBER,
according to different mixing time?

And as you noted in the other email, the assignment of atom types for the
atom linking sugar part and amino acid part could be problematic. I think I
will use glycam atom types for the sulfur atom and the methylene attached,
since the validations would be with glycam force field (whether modified or
not).

It seems that the validation of thioglycosidic parameters in my case would
be very "indirect" using the S-disaccharide, but is there a better way?

By the way, I only have access to amber11, which did not come with glycam04
data files, which although I can get from the glycam website. But how can I
tell LEaP to use a specific data version such as Glycam_04k.dat (is this the
one you used with amber10)?

Thanks very much,
Yun