Re: [AMBER] force field of molecular crystals

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:00:07 -0400

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011, jun kit wrote:

> In order to generate a force field and topology for a molecular crystals
> (which already in pdb file), and my crystal do not involve any solvent,
> just solid crystals, which proper steps should I follow:

You should run antechamber on single, individual, relatively small,
closed-shell organic molecules. So item 1 below sounds closest, given that we
don't know what is in each unit cell.

> 1. Run antechamber on the "free" crystal structure finding resp charges
> fitting the gaff. Then only run UnitCell and PropPDB. Then run tleap for
> creating prmtop and inpcrd file.
>

> p/s: i want to find phase transition,

!!! Generally speaking, finding phase transitions is a super-hard problem.
Be sure to look for literature where similar problems were faced (and solved);
it is likely to involve simulations that are far from "standard" ones.

....dac