Re: [AMBER] rst or mdcrd file to view the structures?

From: Chinh Su Tran To <chinh.sutranto.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:00:53 +0800

Dear Dr. Steinbrecher,

Thank you very much for your help.

1. In VMD, I loaded the prmtop file then followed by the AMBER restart (for
*rst)* or AMBER coordinate (for *crd)* accordingly. For this point, I am
checking again the options to open in VMD, something related to implicit
solvent and periodic simulation.

2. I wanted to unfold my protein using heating (from 0K to 400K) gradually
in 50ps, then MD has been running for re-folding it (temp from 400K down to
300K and keep 300K for equilibration) in ~ 60ns (it is still running now).
I want to detect the folding simulation, but because my protein is quite big
(158 aa), and I think it is infeasible to fold it from scratch (from its
sequence), so I started with a process of unfolding a homology model, and
make it re-fold again.

3. I want to visualize it because I want to make sure it is unfolded before
running large amount of time to refold it, then it might trap in some local
minima (It did happen actually, the RMS to the average structure was stable
in some short MD run ~ 6ns, and its deviation to the crystal structure is
1.9 angstrom. However, I was told that this might be trapped in some local
minima.)

I hope my reasoning is not so wrong so far. As you said, it was NOT
unfolded, so will you suggest me to increase the temperature to heat it up
OR could you give me some suggestion to unfold it please?

Thank you very much for your help. It really helps.

Regards,
Chinsu