[AMBER] MMPBSA.py energy decomposition inconsistencies

From: Antje Wolf <antje.wolf.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:13:17 +0200 (CEST)

Dear list,

I am currently doing MM-PBSA calculations using the MMPBSA.py script (AmberTools1.5, AMBER11 with all latest bug fixes applied). What bothers me is a warning message when I include energy decomposition analysis. For both, Generalized Born and Poisson-Boltzmann, the final result file contains:

WARNING: INCONSISTENCIES EXIST WITHIN 1-4 NON-BONDED TERMS.
CHECK YOUR INPUT FILES AND SYSTEM SETUP. THESE RESULTS MAY NOT BE RELIABLE (check differences)!

Here is my mmpbsa.in file:

&general
endframe=100, verbose=1
/
&gb
igb=2, saltcon=0.100
/
&pb
istrng=0.100,
/
&decomp
idecomp=1, dec_verbose=1,
print_res="1-217"
/

When I do NOT include the &decomp namelist, no warning is printed and also my final deltaG values are different.
Can I trust the energy decomposition results? Should I maybe try a different idecomp model?

Thanks,
Antje

--
Antje Wolf
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)