Re: [AMBER] Run amber on Cluster

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:14:02 -0700

> Thanks, Jason. It works if I specify a host file. But there is
> another
> issue: qstat -f showed that the job was running on other nodes.
> Actually
> sander.MPI is running on the nodes I specified. Will this probably
> mess up
> the PBS queue system?

Yes it will - it will annoy other people who might be using those other
nodes. Any properly configured cluster should not actually let you do this.
I.e. you should not be able to access nodes not allocated to your specific
job by the queuing system. I suggest talking to the admin of your cluster to
find out:

1) Why you could run on different nodes from the ones PBS allocated. This is
bad from both a usability perspective and also a security one.

2) What the correct procedure is for running MPI jobs on your specific
cluster.

He/she should be in a much better position to advise you on this than we can
given the huge number of degrees of freedom in how one sets up a cluster.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/