Re: [AMBER] SHAKE error help

From: <tsurma.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:21:23 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I fixed the problem by changing the prepc file:

The system is C-N with C with two extra points : EP-C-EP--N

Initially, the prepc file had C as M (main atom) and N, EP, EP as E (end
points).
Now, I changed C (M) and N as M (main atom) and two EP as E (end atoms).
And now it works perfectly!!! (the ntf=ntc=3 works fine and the system
behaves normally).

I am not sure what is going on here, and the forces look a little funny as
well. Could you help me understanding the problem?

~Surma Talapatra

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:17:26 -0400, case wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011, tsurma.umich.edu wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestions. However, I cannot figure out why the CN
>> length
>> is 0.2 for the 2nd CN- ion. I am still working at it. I also changed the
>> names to EP1 EP2, EPC EPN, LP1 LP2, nothing worked :( :(
>
> Did you examine the prmtop file by hand, or use ptraj to print out the
> values?
> With only a handful of atoms in your system (it sounds
like you could
make