Re: [AMBER] How to avoid Zn parametrization?

From: Andrew Voronkov <drugdesign.yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:18:08 +0400

Dear Ross, more than 1,5 years I am back to this task :)
because it became actual again.
I did molecular dynamics with zinc as ion and with weak restrains on the loop which binds zinc.
"Keep protein fixed with weak restraints
10.0"
Zinc is coordinated by two cysteines and one histidine. After 50 picoseconds zinc atom starts to migrate into the solution from cysteins and His, while other structure is not yet much affected.
It is not in the binding site, so for now as the next step I consider to fix it with more strict restrains, what restrain values can you recommend?
If that will not work then I ll need to do some QM.

Best regards,
Andrew