[AMBER] MMGBSA binding free energy shows large change with saltcon parameter, but not for MMPBSA binding free energy value

From: Rajesh Raju <rajesh.raju.mail.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:48:12 -0500

Dear AMBER users,

I have done mmpbsa binding free energy calculations on a 10-mer DNA
structures using MMPBSA.py script. The MMGBSA binding free energy
value changes from -43 kcal mol-1 to -60 kcal mol when included the
saltcon parameter (saltcon=0.1). But the MMPBSA value doesnt show any
significant change. only about ~0.5-0.7 kcal mol-1. what is the
actural role of the saltcon as we are neutrilzaing the system before
we do simulation..?

Also one more doubt for me..

The EEL and EGB/EPB values are almost very close, but opposite in
sign..I got values like 1239 and -1208 kcal mol-1.

Any idea or explantions ..

Thanks