Re: [AMBER] undefined reference

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:01:42 -0400

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011, Lars Skjærven wrote:

> 'mpif90 -show' yields the following.
> gfortran -I/usr/include -pthread -L/usr/lib64 -llammpio -llamf77mpi
> -lmpi -llam -lutil -ldl

Looks fine as far as I can tell. You can go to /usr/lib64 and look for
files like libmpi.a (or libmpa.so.*). If they are not there, you have a bad
installation. If they are there, try something like this:

nm libmpi.a | grep mpi_bcast

to see what happens. It still looks to me like this has nothing to do with
Amber. (If you don't know what "nm" does, or how to interpret the output, you
might see if a friend or a sys-admin type person can help out.)

> > you might try compiling a simple test MPI program (e.g. that calls
> > mpi_init and mpi_bcast) to see if that works.  Basically, the mpif90 command
> > should know how to find mpi_bcast() and friends.

...dac