[AMBER] Problem with mmpbsa

From: Devlina Chakravarty <devlina.chakravarty.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:03:33 +0530

Hullo,

I am trying to calculate the binding free energy of Tubulin when it
binds with colchicine using mmpbsa.py. I thought of carrying out the
binding energy calculation using both the MM-GBSA method and the
MM-PBSA method for comparison. I am using Amber tools 1.5. In a folder
I have the .top files for the solvated complex,complex in vacuum,
protein in vacuum and the drug in vacuum. Also the .crd files for the
complex , the starting structure generated from leap, the structure
after equilibration, and the structure after 10 ns of simulation.

The input file for mmpbsa:
Input file for running PB and GB in serial
&general
   endframe=50, keep_files=2,
/
&gb
  igb=1, saltcon=0.100,
/
&pb
  istrng=0.100,
/

Then I type in the command to run mmpbsa:
MMPBSA -O -i mmpbsa.in -o FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat -sp
1sa0-water.prmtop -cp 1sa0.prmtop -rp 1sa0_b.top -lp cn2.prmtop -y
*crd

The program stops after giving this error message:

Reading command-line arguments and input files...
ptraj found! Using /home/pinak/amber11/bin/ptraj
mmpbsa_py_energy found! Using /home/pinak/amber11/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
for GB calculations
mmpbsa_py_energy found! Using /home/pinak/amber11/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
for PB calculations
Preparing trajectories for simulation...
151 frames were read in and processed by ptraj for use in calculation.

Beginning GB calculations with mmpbsa_py_energy...
  calculating complex contribution...
Error: mmpbsa_py_energy error during GB calculations!

I don't know where is it going wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--
Devlina Chakravarty
JRF