[AMBER] visualization of secstruc with e.g. gnuplot

From: Nadine Utz <nadine.mmb.pcb.ub.es>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:07:16 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to visualize the changes in secondary structure over the
course
of the trajectory, i.e. the ptraj secstruc output. And I found already a
solution which works, but which is very time consuming. And maybe one of
you has already a nicer and faster solution for this.

This is how I do it:
change letters for helix, sheet ... in numbers, plot (splot) a 2D-color
map with gnuplot. The problem here is that I need for each residue an
extra expression in the splot command, so if I have a 200 residue
protein this is really a lot of work.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion,

Nadine