Re: [AMBER] Residue transformation

From: Bruno Rodrigues <bbrodrigues.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:16:48 -0300

Dear Fabrício,

Probably Packmol, from Unicamp is suitable for what you want
Take a look: http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~martinez/packmol/

I've never used it, but I heard good things about the code, and also the
developers are very welcome for questions.

Good luck

2011/9/12 Fabrício Bracht <bracht.iq.ufrj.br>

> I have a protein structure I would like to modify by introducing a ACE
> group to a serine sidechain. Since this structure comes from a
> previous simulation, there is a water molecule conveniently placed at
> that specific position. I guess it would be useful if I could simply
> substitute this water molecule by the (-(C=O)CH3) fragment. I have
> read read the tutorial which describes how to create a custom residue,
> but I would like to know if there is a simpler way of making this type
> of addition to the structure like a structure editor or even by
> addition via xleap. The whole "creating a ligand file, approaching
> manually and bonding via xleap" sounds like too much for something
> that is not really a ligand. Well, any suggestion is welcome here.
> Thank you
> Fabrício

Bruno Barbosa Rodrigues
PhD Student - Physics Department
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
Belo Horizonte - Brazil