Re: [AMBER] SHAKE error help

From: <tsurma.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 15:35:42 -0400

Hi,

The error with shake (ntc=ntf=3) is not present when I make the CN- system
with gaussian charges. But, it gives me error when I use the CN- with two
extra points.

To add the two extra points, I had extended the extra_pts.f code by adding
a new frame (frtype(n)==4) for CN- ion and adding the way it calculated the
forces due to the EPs.

By doing so, I reproduced some results of a paper, and so the extra_pts.f
code worked fine (with shake on).

Now, I have added 2 CN- ions with extra points and 2 K+ ions, and SHAKE is
failing at the 2nd CN-. I also noticed that the usiz (bond length) of the
second CN- ions is read as 0.200 instead of 1.17 (0.200 is the C-EP
length).

My question is ::: is it possible that since I added an extra frame type
for CN-, SHAKE works fine for the 1st CN- and breaks for the second one?
The way the molecules are lined up in prmtop file is

C1 N1 P1 P2 C1 N1 P1 P2

So, is it possible that after working fine with the 1st C1 N1, SHAKE
encounters P1 P2 C1 N1 and messes up, because I added the P1 P2 by adding a
new frame type in extra_pts.f that shake.f does not recognise?

~Surma Talapatra
Graduate Student
Geva Group
University of Michigan