Re: [AMBER] How to interpret GLYCAM prep file?

From: Yun Shi <yunshi09.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 23:38:15 -0700

Hi Lachele,

It helps a lot!

Since I am studying the interaction between a protein and a ligand with
carbohydrate moiety, I am also concerned about the non-bonded parameters.

Although both ff99SB and GLYCAM used RESP charges, but it seems different
methods were utilized in charge derivation. I recalled it's Connolly surface
algorithm vs CHELPG algorithm. And I guess charge constraints were applied
during the GLYCAM RESP charge derivation. I wonder what constraints in
detail were used and how charges were derived for central fragments
(building blocks) instead of a holistic molecule. Could you please direct me
to some papers to read?

In addition, I guess the VDW parameters for, i.e., atom type CG in GLYCAM
are different from atom type CT in ff99SB. Could you tell me where to find
the vdw parameters for GLYCAM atom types?

So in the end, to what extend would these differences between GLYCAM and
ff99SB affect non-bonded interaction?

Thanks,

Yun