Re: [AMBER] false positive on too large QM region?

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 21:19:36 -0300

Hi Brian,

As you mentioned, yes, the coordinates are shifted for the QM calculation. In fact, the QM zone is put in the center of the box and the whole system is wrapped around it, but that only happens for the QM calculation, without changing the actual coordinates.

As to what is happening, it would be helpful to see your input and output files. Also, it may be a good idea to run the calculation printing the coordinates at every step to follow your system. There is also an option (can't recall now, but it is in the manual) that tells sander to print the QM zone as a PDB file at every step. My guess is that somehow sander is including in the QM zone some atom(s) that should not be there.

Good luck,
Gustavo.
--
Sent from my iPad.