Re: [AMBER] moment of inertia

From: peker milas <pekermilas.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 14:51:04 -0400

Hi Kirtana,

If you take a look at my previous bug report (please see:
http://archive.ambermd.org/201109/0010.html), you will see originally a
routine called PTRAJ with the vector option can generate those kind of
stuff. You just need to mask out relevant atoms/molecules. More clearly
command you need to use is something like in an trajin file "vector
principal [x|y|z]". But unfortunately, it doesn't calculate them right.
Therefore i strongly advise you to write your own code. It is not so hard as
it sounds. Let me give you a quick method below;

using cpptraj or ptraj mask out all irrelevant atoms. put the frame of
reference of the system to the center. make a pdb file out of snapshot from
trajectory. Then with another program/script calculate inertia axes and
center of mass.

hope this hels
best
peker