Re: [AMBER] solvateBox

From: Ismail, Mohd F. <farid.ou.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 04:02:52 +0000

So, if I read in coordinates for Li+ in my pdb file, I don't have to read in the parameter for it? I can just source appropriate leaprc file? I didn't think of that. So far I have been doing:

loadamberprep anion.prep
loadamberparams anion.frcmod
anion = loadpdb anion100.pdb
loadamberprep mysolvent.prep
loadamberparams mysolvent.frcmod
mysolvent = loadpdb solvent100.pdb
then I do addions .....

So, if I just source, says leaprc.ff99, I can just do
li = loadpdb li100.pdb ?

My system is organic solvent with ions in them. Much like electrolytes system. I have created the charges for my anion from mol2 using RED. The parameters are gaff's.
I'm not near my machine, but I will try that tomorrow.

Thank you for all ideas.

--Farid