Re: [AMBER] About sudden simulation box twist

From: Bin Wu <wubin2002.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:13:31 -0400

Hello Thomas

Thank you so much for your reply.

For the force field, I am using GAFF and AM1/BCC charge method. I followed
exactly the method introduced in the tutorial in the official website to
prepare the prmtop file.

As for the simulation runs, I used the default setting of iwrap, which is
iwrap=0 in my recall.

The animation that I created was using the raw trajectory under this
condition. If the water is present, they would disperse very far away from
the polymer.

Even after I used "image" command to post-process the raw trajectory, that
kind of funny motion of polymer remains.

And I am not sure whether the drastic change of the polymer motion is due to
ill-defined potential, because it requires very intensive force to deform
the solute in that kind of short time. Furthermore, if that kind of
extensive force exists, the polymer should explode at that instant. Just an
instinct argument.

I will try as you said.

Thank you very much. You suggestion is highly appreciated.

Best!

Bin