Re: [AMBER] ptraj invalid writes

From: Ben Gamari <bgamari.physics.umass.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:29:49 -0400

Thanks for your response. Sorry for the delayed reply.

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:48:32 -0400, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a strange error, since both the trajectory frame size and the
> size of the coordinate buffers are calculated from the number of atoms
> in the input topology file. There shouldn't be an issue unless you
> physically run out of memory.

I highly doubt that this is the case; the machine has 18GB of memory and
the data set isn't _that_ large.

> Can you post your ptraj input file as well as the complete output from
> ptraj (stdin and stderr)

You will find these attached. For reasons I can't say I understand the
glibc error message still goes to the console despite my having
redirected stderr. I cut and pasted it into ptraj.fail.

> along with what AT1.5 bugfixes you have applied?

Bugfixes 1-17 are applied.

> Also, have you tried the same input with cpptraj? Does a similar issue
> occur?

Unfortunately it seems that cpptraj isn't able to give us the
information needed (moments of inertia).

Cheers,

- Ben