Re: [AMBER] again GLYCAM06 + 99SB + GAFF ?

From: Yun Shi <yunshi09.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:21:23 -0700

Hi Francois,

I am trying to understand how this works.

So instead of combining individual residues in a building-block manner, as
in the assignment of atomic charges for proteins with amber99sb, it is
recommended to consider the ligand as a holistic molecule when calculating
the RESP charge? I am curious that if I could do things in a building-block
manner since it can potentially decrease a lot of computational time for
geometry optimization.

And when it comes to geometrical parameters, we should use GLYCAM for sugar
part, 99SB for standard amino acids, and GAFF for organic part?

BTW, could you tell me how to generate multiple conformations with geometry
optimization from Gaussian 09?

Thanks,

Yun Shi