Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Is it possible to do REMD for a 12000 atom molecule?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 15:43:10 -0400

it usually takes programs some time before they become efficient. the
spatial decompositino and load balancing are not ideal at the start.
additionally, much work needs to be done to start running MD, such as
reading and writing to disk, setting up the arrays, and so on.
stopping the program each ps or less would be quite slow. are you in a
situation where you have no way to access more than 1 CPU?