Re: [AMBER] Major GPU Update Released

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:43:28 -0700

There will likely be a slight perf hit (a percent or two). I know that some
people tend to worry about memory consumption by apps like this. But from
my viewpoint, wasting available resources is a much bigger crime. Memory is
cheap (The difference between a 1.5 GB GTX 580 and a 3 GB GTX 580 is about
$60 on Amazon today). Time isn't.

That said, I'm adding code to detect cheap GPUs and do this maneuver
automagically.