Re: [AMBER] Major GPU Update Released

From: Dmitry Mukha <dvmukha.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 23:27:36 +0300

1GB on board

51092 atoms
46110 atoms belong to water (15370 molecules)
4976 atoms of protein (2503 heavy atoms)

BEFORE APPLYING THE PATCH pmemd.cuda had performance 3.84 ns/day (285) and
slightly more than 12 ns for 580.
NOW launch failed (segfault)

Langevin thermostat (2 ps-1) + pressure control (relaxation time 2 ps).
Switching to Berendsen thermostat (and removing gamma_ln) allows to execute
pmemd.cuda successfully. Again, this system plays a role of test, because it
ran well before.

Previous version printed error message about lack of memory in cases when
system was too large, so the error I have faced is definitely new. 'Line 9'
in the error message corresponds to the code of executable file, not script
(it is occurred in the line 18 of bash script).

--
Sincerely,
Dmitry Mukha