Re: [AMBER] Old problem with restart

From: Bruno Rodrigues <bbrodrigues.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:22:40 -0300

Hi Marc,

I've got the following error on the output of the simulation

| ERROR: Could not read coords from
/dados/bbr/bmsp/tip3pf/slow_heat/1D20_wat_tip3pf.heat19

On 8/16/11, Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com> wrote:
> Bruno, the question is: do you have ****** instead of a floating point in
> the restart file that didn't work?
> If so, the coordinate value probably exceeded 1000 (or actually
> 999.9999999), the maximum possible in the .rst format, and would be the
> reason AMBER can't read it and continue simulation with it. That's the
> reason to use iwrap=1.

I got the following lines:

 64.6583766 49.3786312 91.2950869 65.6254003 48.2428823 91.5518450
-176.0237426************ 358.1298288-175.2878018************ 357.9544071
-176.4867711************ 358.8610230 -48.4805095 112.0249683-104.5185947
 -47.7891838 112.6572427-104.3223049 -48.6672397 111.6057582-103.6785790
So this is the reason for the error on the output.

> I'm not entirely sure if you tried re-running the step that created the
> problematic .rst file with iwrap=1 or not.

I didn't. I'm doing it right now, but I will have to set it up for the
same simulation time, otherwise I may not observe if the problem is
solved. And it will take at least 24 hours if I'm lucky to get 40
processors or more.

> Apart from whether coordinates in output files are imaged or not, I don't
> think there is a difference in running with iwrap=1 or iwrap=0 in
> sander/pmemd (although I could be wrong...). This means that there probably
> won't be a problem in switching to iwrap=1 in the step that generated the
> problematic .rst file.

Enclosed is a VMD snapshot from 2 simulations, the one with iwrap = 1
represents the Right, while iwrap = 0 is the left one. You can see the
shift on the solute, as well as the breaking on some hydrogen bonds.