[AMBER] could not find amber atom type F in forcefield 10

From: Rajesh Raju <rajesh.raju.mail.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:52:49 -0500

Hi,

I have loaded a PDB file which contains flourinated pyrene rings.
Using xleap I loaded the molecule after creating the mol2 files.

I have set the atom types with the following commands

set RFF.1.F1 type F
set RFF.1.F2 type F
etc..

When i checked unit, it showing the message that : "For atom: .R<AFF
1>.A<F1 33> Could not find type: F"

I looked into the $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm10.dat. I could see the F
atom type in that...

I did the same thing for pyrene (no F) it does not give any problem

i wonder why the xleap coould not recognize the atom type 'F' ..I
could even see the atom type and parameters for F in the leap.log
file..

Any idea..Pls help me..Thanks