Re: [AMBER] 1st shell WITH solvent in ptraj

From: Niel Henriksen <niel.henriksen.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 09:02:06 -0600

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug. I think the confusing thing
is that the command used to be called "closestwaters", I think(?).
Now the the command is officially "closest" (although closestwaters
is still supported). I actually had the same problem as you the first time
I used the command because it seems like using "closestwaters" should
only give you solute and the closest waters. But ptraj isn't smart enough
to know that you don't want ions. We could add a feature to
automagically remove ions but that carries with it it's own set of problems.
I think using the command "closest" helps set expectations for the output
a little better. Perhaps the manual should be updated to remind users to
strip ions if they don't want them.

--Niel