Re: [AMBER] AmberTools 1.5 top and cord files

From: Molybdos Kirkimpolakis <supercomputer.simulation.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:43:51 -0400

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for your reply. These two new flags are the reason why NAMD
does not recognize the Top file generated by AmberTools 1.5 . I am copying
the error message below

I don't know If there was a difference. I concluded that there may be some
slightly difference because NAMD fails to read the Top file generated by
AmberTool 1.5; but has no problem reading a Top file generated by AmberTool
1.2

I guess these two new flags were confusing NAMD. I deleted them and now NAMD
has no problem reading the top file.

However my concern is that can these 2 flags be deleted without making any
change in the simulation? Do they convey important information for the
simulation?

Thanks so much for your help.

Info: RIGID WATER USING SETTLE ALGORITHM
Info: RANDOM NUMBER SEED 1312401187
Info: USE HYDROGEN BONDS? NO
Info: Using AMBER format force field!
Info: AMBER PARM FILE system.top
Info: AMBER COORDINATE FILE system.coor
Info: Exclusions will be read from PARM file!
Info: SCNB (VDW SCALING) 2
Info: USING ARITHMETIC MEAN TO COMBINE L-J SIGMA PARAMETERS
Reading parm file (system.top) ...
PARM file in AMBER 7 format
FATAL ERROR: Failed to read AMBER parm file!
------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
Reason: FATAL ERROR: Failed to read AMBER parm file!