[AMBER] Parm .dat format and frcmod

From: <tdo.chem.ucsb.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 23:29:32 -0700

Hi,

I try to understand the format of the .dat force field parameter
files. I have 2 questions:

1) In the DIHE (dihedral section), the parameters are reported in the form

A-B-C-D x y z

What are x, y and z?

2) Sometimes, when I build a frcmod file from parmchk (also use the
flag -a Y to list out all parameters), the file contains different
parameters of the same A-B-C-D, for example:

c3-os-c3-os 1 0.850 180.000 -2.000
c3-os-c3-os 1 1.350 180.000 1.000

Is it true that these are for 2 different dihedral angles? If I change
one of the OS in the PDB to OJ (a new atom type), how can I know which
dihedral angle (out of the 2 above) contains my new OJ atom?

Thank you,

Thanh