Re: [AMBER] Make_Gnu_Win_error

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:04:08 +0100

Dear Carmen,

This is a problem with recent changes in the configure script in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/ which creates a symbolic link of the configuration file config.h in $AMBERHOME/src. DOS cannot deal with this symbolic link, instead a copy is required to be able to compile the native Windows version of pmemd in a DOS shell.

bugfix.11 for AmberTools 1.5 fixes this problem.

Please download bugfix.11 and apply it as instructed on the AmberTools bugfix webpage (http://ambermd.org/bugfixesat.html). As a temporary workaround you can also manually make a copy in the cygwin shell:

CYGWIN> cd $AMBERHOME/src
CYGWIN> rm config.h
CYGWIN> cp $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/config.h .

All the best,
Andy

On Jul 22, 2011, at 4:53 PM, Carmen Di Giovanni wrote:

> Dear list,
> I'm trying to istall PMEMD in serial version on Win7 64 bit.
> http://ambermd.org/mswindows.html
>
> After command:
> DOS> make serial_win (GNU make executable)
>
> The error is the following: