Re: [AMBER] create walls

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:51:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

you could build a sheet out of inert atoms, say Argon, and freeze them
into place with moderately strong restraints. If they are close together,
this is effectively a wall even though it is not perfectly smooth. Even
better, bond your wall atoms together into a mesh, then they wont repulse
each other. From that, arbitrary wall shapes and locations can easily be
scripted.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

On Wed, July 27, 2011 9:36 am, amir abbasi wrote:

> restraints definition in amber is only use for freezing atoms angles and
> etc. I've try a lot but i can't create a wall (virtual or real).
> Is there any example for this?
>

>> From: jason.swails.gmail.com
>> Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:17:20 -0400
>> To: amber.ambermd.org
>> Subject: Re: [AMBER] create walls
>>
>> Look for NMR restraints in the manual. "Flatwell" is the functional form
>> of the NMR restraints.
>>
>> --
>> Jason M. Swails
>> Quantum Theory Project,
>> University of Florida
>> Ph.D. Candidate
>> 352-392-4032
>>
>> On Jul 25, 2011, at 7:07 AM, amir abbasi <amir-abbasi.hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > Thanks Jason, but I can't find any thing about "flatwell potential in
>> amber" neither in amber users manual nor on web.
>> > Is there any tutorial or example?
>> > I want to produce virtual wall and a hole on it.

>> chapter

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the
BioMaps Institute