[AMBER] CHAMBER: problems reading bond parameters in charmm parameter file

From: Patrick von Glehn <patrickvonglehn.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:27:10 +0100

Hi,

In converting my CHARMM format input files to AMBER format using
CHAMBER I come across the following error:

"At line 586 of file _psfprm.f
Fortran runtime error: Bad value during floating point read"

line 586 is in the BONDS section of GET BONDED_PARAMS section of _psfprm.f:

               "read(words(3),'(g20.12)')rk0(itt,jtt)"

I assume this error means that a floating point number was expected in
the parameter file
and an integer or a string was found instead, but I can't find the culprit.

The parameter file I'm using is an adjusted version the
par_all22_prot.inp distributed with charmm but
I can't see any discrepancies in format in the BONDS sections.

I set up the system in CHARMM and used the following command to run chamber:
"chamber -top top_all22_O2Mb.inp -param par_all22_O2Mb.inp -psf
ido_oxyapo.psf -crd ido_oxyapo.crd -p ido_oxyapo.prmtop -inpcrd
ido_oxyapo.inpcrd -nocmap -box 92.28 77.6 90.63"

If anyone thinks they can help I can send you all the input files.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick von Glehn