[AMBER] problem with unperturbed charge of the unit

From: <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:31:25 +0530 (IST)

Dear Amber Users,

I am simulating an enzyme with Zn-CCCC tetrahedral coordination being present at
the active site. I used the ZAFF parameters for Zn-CCCC. However, when I do
saveamberparm, the following warning appears in the log file:

unperturbed charge of the unit: 0.231630 is not zero.

I am using addions (Cl-) to neutralize 1 unit of charge, leaving the
non-integral unit behind. How can I neutralize a non-integral charge. If I
ignore this warning and go ahead with the files for MD, will that eventually
lead to a problem.

Any help/suggestions regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,

Moitrayee Bhattacharyya
Molecular Biophysics Unit