Re: [AMBER] zinc parameters

From: Oliver Kuhn <oak.amber.googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:29:44 +0200

Hi Sel,

there are Zinc parameters for Amber using the cation dummy atom method
(CaDA). I'm using it right now and my first impression is that it works very
well.

http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/mayo/research/camdl/zinc_protein.cfm

Cheers,
Oliver

2011/7/12 Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>

> Hi Sel,
>
> On 12/7/2011, at 1:00 p.m., Sel Ercan wrote:
>
> > hi all!
> > I have a protein which two CYS and two HIS coordinated with zinc. I need
> angle and torsion parameters.
> > Angle parameters:
> > <snip>
> >

> > torsion parameters:
> > <snip>
>
> The most recent release of AmberTools, 1.5, contains MTK++, which includes
> programs for computing force-field terms for metal clusters in proteins.
> You
> could well find it useful for this purpose. Researchers in my group have
> used it
> to develop zinc/protein force fields.
>
> Regards,
> Ben
> --
> For greater security, I support S/MIME encryption.

Oliver Kuhn, Department of Bioinformatics,
Center for Medical Biotechnology, University of Duisburg-Essen,
Universitätsstr. 1-5, 45141 Essen, Germany
phone +49 201 183-3121, oliver.kuhn.uni-due.de