Re: [AMBER] AmberTools installation -

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:11:51 -0400

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011, Jennifer L. Muzyka wrote:

> We've been referring to the website you mentioned and found it very
> helpful. We downloaded gcc45 and used used gcc select to choose the
> gcc45 as our gcc port. Then we compiled using gnu. We didn't manage to
> use the MacAccelerate gnu that was described on the amberonmac blogspot
> entry. Perhaps we should go back to that step and figure out how to get
> the macaccelerate to work?

If it were me (if it were I...), I would get experience using Amber, and make
sure that I would really be running very long calculations, before bothering
with macAcclerate, which will only have a minor effect on performance.

That said, the -macAccelerate option has always worked for me, so we would
need details about what went wrong.

...dac