Re: [AMBER] AmberTools installation -

From: Jennifer L. Muzyka <jennifer.muzyka.centre.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:02:42 +0000

We've been referring to the website you mentioned and found it very helpful. We downloaded gcc45 and used used gcc select to choose the gcc45 as our gcc port. Then we compiled using gnu. We didn't manage to use the MacAccelerate gnu that was described on the amberonmac blogspot entry. Perhaps we should go back to that step and figure out how to get the macaccelerate to work?
Jennifer

On Jul 6, 2011, at 8:37 AM, David A Case wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 06, 2011, Jennifer L. Muzyka wrote:
>
>> We're also trying to install AmberTools on a Mac running OSX 10.6. Make
>
> For both machines, we need to know what arguments you gave to the configure
> script, and what version of the compilers you are using. There are pretty
> detailed instructions here:
>
> http://amberonmac.blogspot.com/
>
> Note that you cannot just use the default compilers that Apple provides.
>
> Also, at the "make install" step, please keep note of any error messages that
> are created. (I know that there are lots of messages, so you might want to
> collect them in a file for later examination.) You test logs *should* be
> pretty easy to read, and to learn that all the nab test are failing, because
> nab was not successfully compiled.
>
> ...good luck...dac

Jennifer L. Muzyka
Professor of Chemistry