Re: [AMBER] NETCDF Installation Error

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:05:46 -0400

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011, Ali Faruqi wrote:

> I have been able to successfuly install AmberTools, version 1.3. I got the
> following message after installation.
>
> Installation of AmberTools, version 1.3 is complete at Mon Jun 27 14:48:00
> PKT 2011.
>
> However, when I attempt to configure amber10 with g95,

You should use the same compiler for amber10 as for AmberTools, and gfortran
should be fine for both. The -static option can sometimes cause problems,
especially on mac's, so it's worth trying things without it.

> ------ Configuring the netCDF libraries: --------
> Configuring netcdf; (may be time-consuming)
> ./configure_amber: line 1211: cd: netcdf/src: No such file or directory

What you want for Amber10 is to also have AmberTools version 1.2 in the same
directory tree. See http://ambermd.org, under the downloads section, to get
that version.

You can also have a more recent version (I recommend version 1.5) in a
separate tree, but you really need version 1.2 if you have Amber10.

...good luck....dac